12/09/2004

Bird of Prey



This is what I saw from my window this morning. Wow!

It is a red-tailed hawk and I've been seeing it fly around our neighborhood in Brooklyn for quite some time; perhaps years if it's the same bird. I also saw it a few lucky times in Prospect Park and the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. Who would have thought that Brooklyn could have such wildlife? Remember in my previous blog the shots of the possum?

I wonder if those people knew that this guy landed on their terrace? Maybe it will bring them good luck.

UPDATE: Those of you not living in NYC may not know about this but some stuffy, snobby rich folks on Fifth avenue are trying to evict a family of red-tailed hawks from their stuffy, snobby Fifth avenue building. If you want to help out, check out the New York City Audubon web site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home